The Famous Fatling pub on the High Street of Hornchurch has had a booming May Bank Holiday weekend again, raising a fabulous £1060 for the British Heart Foundation, bringing their two-year fundraising total to a whopping £7,000.
During one of their legendary music fests, manager Sandy Castle and the team literally put heart and soul into fundraising for the charity.
Sandy said: “We raised money by rattling buckets, auctioning prizes, (donated by our local colleagues), a good old fashioned raffle, and our DJ taking bribes for special requests! But mainly our customers were just volunteering spare cash into charity buckets... (with a little help from our very persuasive team)!
The pub, opposite the local British Heart Foundation (BHF) Branch, has aligned itself in supporting the important work the charity do in stopping premature deaths from heart disease. Sandy has even trained with BHF in CPR, and gone on to train the whole team, making the charity, as Sandy says, “Very close to the Fatling team’s hearts.”
Sandy has ran the Fatling for the last ten years and in 2015 was nominated as Licensee of the Year in a coveted award scheme run by the British Institute of Innkeeping.
Fatling, 109 High Street, Hornchurch, Essex, RM11 1TX, 01708 442125
4th March 2016
About Stonegate Pub Company
Stonegate Pub Company is the largest privately held managed pub operator in the UK, with revenues in excess of 600 million pounds, employing circa 12,500 people. The company has 665 pubs, split into the following formats; Slug & Lettuce, Yates, Common Room, Proper Pubs, Town Pub & Kitchen, Classic Inns and Venues.
Stonegate is the winner of national awards, including:
- Distinction in Innovation for digital and social media – HR distinction Awards 2016
- Distinction in People Development – HR Distinction Awards 2015
- Best Pub Employer (51+ sites) – Publican Awards 2013
- Distinction in Innovative Use of Technology Award – HR Distinction Awards 2014
- Menu Masters Award for Best New Concept category for Missoula, Montana Bar & Grill at the Menu Innovation and Development Awards (MIDAS) 2014
- Menu Masters Award for City and Bar Dining category for Slug and Lettuce at the Menu Innovation and Development Awards (MIDAS) 2013
- Winner of the Town and City category for Yates’s in the Menu Innovation and Development Award (MIDAS) in 2012
- MA 250 Best Training Programme award in 2012 – Publican’s Morning Advertiser
For more information about Stonegate Pub Company: www.stonegatepubs.com
For more information please contact:
Leisure PR & Communications
(T) 020 8605 3544
(M) 07738 600655