Motorists and locals referring to the local landmark Hamstead pub for navigation need to watch out as the ‘Pink Pub’ undergoes a major £220,000 investment.
The popular local on Green Lane has had a transformation and reopened on Thursday 2nd February. Outside images released in advance of the painters moving in, displayed an attractive new cream coloured facade whilst on the inside, a fantastic open plan pub with thirty additional covers.
Renowned as a good honest local, the investment, creating 8 new jobs, is offering more for families in response to the ever-increasing population and growing popularity, in part thanks to the big personality of landlord Steve Middleton.
“Customer numbers have soared here over the past two years so we’ve knocked through walls, overhauled the patio creating more seats, brought in an even more extended menu, craft beers, additional cask pumps, and a bigger team,” said Steve adding:
The VIP event from 5pm will treat guests to bubbles and menu tasters against the backdrop of a ‘Commitment’ cover band. As the Hamstead joins the craft beer revolution, Brewdog and Bluemoon IPA will be on tap alongside local ales such as Green Duck with its own Hamstead tap badge and Bitter and Twisted.
‘King’s Feast’, the extended menu, fits the bill perfectly with five ‘man vs food’ mega meals including the ‘King’s Feast Challenge Burger’ - a gigantic burger, not for the faint-hearted, with four 6oz beef burgers, cheese and bacon, a breaded chicken schnitzel and pulled chicken and chorizo, served with 10 onion rings, double chips, garlic bread and a smoky mayonnaise sauce!
With over 100 combinations of dishes down to dishes under 600 calories there really is something for everyone including eleven all day value deals.
Keen to contribute to the community in every way possible the pub takes part in a number of charity events every year, previously raising money for the British Heart Foundation, Acorn charity and PDSA. This year they will be arranging fundraisers for Macmillan as many of their locals have lost love ones to cancer in the past year.
With a weekly line up of Monday quiz night, Wednesday family fortunes, Thursday poker night and weekend food offers such as sharing planks from £8.99 on Saturdays and roasts on Sundays. With live music once a month it seems the British pub is very much alive and kicking.
89 Green Lane, Birmingham, West Midland, B43 5LG, 0121 3586720
6th February 2017
About Stonegate Pub Company
Stonegate Pub Company is the largest privately held managed pub operator in the UK, with revenues in excess of £625 million, employing circa 14,000 people. The company has 692 pubs, split into two divisions, Branded, comprising: Slug & Lettuce, Yates, Walkabout, Common Room and Venues; and Traditional comprising: Proper Pubs, Town Pub & Kitchen, Classic Inns.
Our ‘bar to boardroom' training ethos has resulted in the following national awards, including:
· Best Managed Company for Training (More than 30 outlets) BII National Industry Training Awards 2016
· Distinction in Innovation for digital and social media – HR distinction Awards 2016
· Distinction in People Development – HR Distinction Awards 2015
· Best Pub Employer (51+ sites) – Publican Awards 2013
· Distinction in Innovative Use of Technology Award – HR Distinction Awards 2014
· Menu Masters Award for Best New Concept category for Missoula, Montana Bar & Grill at the Menu Innovation and Development Awards (MIDAS) 2014
· Menu Masters Award for City and Bar Dining category for Slug and Lettuce at the Menu Innovation and Development Awards (MIDAS) 2013
· Winner of the Town and City category for Yates’s in the Menu Innovation and Development Award (MIDAS) in 2012
· MA 250 Best Training Programme award in 2012 – Publican’s Morning Advertiser