Renowned for it’s big nights out and sport days, the Royal Oak is going a step further with a £100,000 investment, getting a refreshing modern look and stealing the march on premium sports viewing, just in time for the Six Nations.
Contractors moved in 23rd January to makeover not only the inside, but also the garden to make it an all year round feature with pergola, heating, sports screens, and an additional forty covers to cater for its increasing popularity.
Meanwhile, sports enthusiasts can look forward to the ultimate in high tech screens; zoned areas to enable diversity including boxing, NFL and darts; and table service during big games.
The re-opening began on the 31st January with locals being invited to join in and enjoy the new range of four cask ales including local brew Back yard’s blonde ale.
A grand re-opening party on Friday 3rd February invited customers to experience the new look, DJ and karaoke, and the chance to win a bar tab of either £25 or £75 just by walking through the door. Saturday saw the Six Nations kick off when the best in sports and service with uninterrupted viewing were on showcase.
Born and bred local General Manager Freddy Sipson said “It’s all about the atmosphere, we have a great team who are all local and we treat our customers like family. No doubt the investment will go down well as will the expansion of cask.”
Recognising its importance within the community the Royal Oak gives customers a reason to visit every day of the week; Monday quiz night and cask ales at £2.25 all day; Tuesday darts; Wednesday poker; Friday and Saturday with DJ Graham ramping up the volume; and Sunday ‘Fabulous ‘n’ karaoke’.
Keen to give back to the community in everyway possible, Freddy and his team run frequent charity events. Last year the team took part in a treacherous assault course raising £700 for the British Heart foundation. This year they are running a fundraising event for air ambulance with a Vinyl DJ night on the 25th February.
6th February 2017
About Stonegate Pub Company
Stonegate Pub Company is the largest privately held managed pub operator in the UK, with revenues in excess of £625 million, employing circa 14,000 people. The company has 692 pubs, split into two divisions, Branded, comprising: Slug & Lettuce, Yates, Walkabout, Common Room and Venues; and Traditional comprising: Proper Pubs, Town Pub & Kitchen, Classic Inns.
Our ‘bar to boardroom' training ethos has resulted in the following national awards, including:
· Best Managed Company for Training (More than 30 outlets) BII National Industry Training Awards 2016
· Distinction in Innovation for digital and social media – HR distinction Awards 2016
· Distinction in People Development – HR Distinction Awards 2015
· Best Pub Employer (51+ sites) – Publican Awards 2013
· Distinction in Innovative Use of Technology Award – HR Distinction Awards 2014
· Menu Masters Award for Best New Concept category for Missoula, Montana Bar & Grill at the Menu Innovation and Development Awards (MIDAS) 2014
· Menu Masters Award for City and Bar Dining category for Slug and Lettuce at the Menu Innovation and Development Awards (MIDAS) 2013
· Winner of the Town and City category for Yates’s in the Menu Innovation and Development Award (MIDAS) in 2012
· MA 250 Best Training Programme award in 2012 – Publican’s Morning Advertiser