Stonegate Pub Company has completed the roll-out of its Autumn Winter menus across five of its seven brand segments.
Key changes across the menus include the return of some nostalgic, luxurious dishes; using ingredients that have heritage and provenance; catering for the all-day grazing trend and offering Mexican style street food and deli-style dishes.
The menus have also seen the beefing up of their best-selling burger range and the enhancement of a number of popular dishes. Most importantly, at the heart of every menu, competitive, value for money offers are available to Stonegate customers’.
Perry Huntley, Head of Food Development at Stonegate Pub Company said: “Developing the menus for the Autumn Winter offer change has seen us select, nostalgic, comforting dishes as the weather turns colder. We’ve also followed some of the current market trends as well as enhancing and improving our best-selling items.
“We’ve increased the number of accompanying sauces and toppings across the menus. For example, on the Great Traditional menu when customers order crispy chicken fillets they can choose a range of sauces from blue cheese & spring onion sauce, BBQ sauce to lemon & pepper butter so that they can create the dish of their choice.
“The key driver in the offer change is the opportunity to give our pubs and bars dishes that really stand out and set them apart from their competitors. It’s about giving our customers compelling reasons to visit through choice and value for money.
“We’re really proud of the new menus and have worked closely with our customers and team members to create menus that work across every occasion to visit the pub.”
The key menu changes are:
• Scream have introduced a new ‘small bowls’ section, similar to tapas-style dishes designed to appeal to those who are looking to share with friends, but pay for items individually.
• New all-day grazing dishes include the sausage sliders which are crispy beer-battered mini sausage served with a BBQ sauce.
• Offers such as two-for-one desserts; a burger and a drink all day, every day; two-for-one pizzas in selected sites and a free hot drink with any breakfast meal also graced the menu.
• The award-winning Boozy Beef Pie which was created by one of Stonegate’s pub chefs, Kieron Wright from the Percy Lambert in Weybridge.
• Mexican style street food style including sizzling steak and chicken fajitas, a southern fried chicken baguette, chilli con carne and a new chilli burger.
• ‘King Size’ options where customers can choose a larger portion or, for just 99p, customers can add an extra chicken breast or burger to the standard sized burger.
• Butternut squash & celeriac bake
• Mushroom rarebit with sautéed Portobello and oyster mushrooms
• A juicy beef burger topped with chorizo and manchego cheese sauce served in a multi seed bun with all the trimmings.
• A Fisherman’s platter has been added to the sharer section which includes a tasty combination of king prawns, crispy calamari, devilled whitebait, lemon-pepper breaded scallops and British wholetail scampi served with tartare and a spicy marie rose sauce.
• At £1.99, the breakfast stack is the perfect start to anyone’s day: bacon, Cumberland sausage, scrambled or fried egg served on a toasted bun.
• Lunchtimes sees the introduction of soft corn tortillas with either tender pulled spiced BBQ beef or southern fried chicken.
• Inspired by a recent visit to Chicago delis, the delicious ultimate British beef sandwich has also been introduced and harks back to the Bosley beef sandwich which was listed on the Yates’s menu in the early 1900s.
• ‘Yates’s Specials’ section offers a wide variety of dishes from mixed grills to pastas. Tender sticky ribs topped with smoky or spicy BBQ sauce feature in this section, along with the sumptuous smoked haddock, salmon and king prawn pie.
• The British steak and Bombardier pie has undergone a makeover.
• A British beef & red wine suet pudding; tender shredded beef in a rich red wine gravy has been added.
Great Traditional Pubs
• A sumptuous fish pie has been added along with more dishes added to the two-for meal deal, including chip shop battered sausages, pasta primavera and a chicken and bacon salad.