Alcohol and Young People
You can be stopped, fined or arrested by police if you’re under 18 and drinking alcohol in public.
If you’re under 18, it’s against the law:
- for someone to sell you alcohol
- to buy or try to buy alcohol
- for an adult to buy or try to buy alcohol for you
- to drink alcohol in licensed premises (e.g. a Stonegate establishment)
Stonegate Pub Company operate “Challenge 21”, however some of our sites have conditions on their Premises Licences requiring “Challenge 25”.
Acceptable Proof of Age
Where there is any doubt about your age, you will be asked to provide bar staff with a form of ID.
Acceptable Forms of ID:
- Photo card driving licence
- Accredited PASS Scheme proof of age card (must have PASS hologram)
Stonegate Pub Company will always check that the photograph matches the person supplying ID – and that the Date of Birth on the document does actually make the person over 18.
Stonegate Pub Company will refuse service to drunk and disorderly guests and as such our bar staff will ask you to leave the premises.